How to Decorate Your Home with Accent Chairs
Accent chairs are a great addition to your interior space, whether you place them in the living room, hallway, family room, or bedroom. They add charm to any space in a very stylish way, reasons why they must not be taken as just extra seating but rather an addition that enhances everything and anything it’s placed around or in.
Ways to Use Accent Chairs
It really all depends on a combination of the overall look you wish to achieve and where you intend to place it (them). Depending on the general style of your interior space (modern, classic, eclectic), choosing the right scale, style, and colour of accent chair shouldn’t pose a problem.
Go with your gut feeling. There is no hard and fast rule about how things should be chosen and placed. These single (arm or armless) chairs can be used just about anywhere.
- Make up a cosy nook in a corner of the room
- Use as a single chair that serves as a great companion for the sofa
- Set it up as a private seating area with a small coffee table and reading lamp
- Looks nice when set in place as “duo seating” (with a little round top table) at the foot of your bed
- Use an accent chair as a fireplace seat, a tranquil place to curl up with a book
- Use them as interior décor items that give other furniture pieces a sense of balance
- Great as a lone chair for the hallway, or as seating in a wide empty passageway
- Your balcony will look visually appealing if furnished with accent chairs
A Few Basic Rules
Best rules to follow are to first ensure you pick the right patterns. If your sofa is a solid colour you can enhance it with accent chairs in bold patterns and prints. A room that is lack-lustre will need some spicing up and the best way to ‘zing-up’ a dull room is by adding patterned accent chairs.
Next is the style, which must not be too divergent from the style of the rest of the room. Pick the right style that compliments your other furniture. You’ll need to decide whether it should be a recliner which works well in a contemporary setting, wing chairs if you have classic style furniture or slipper chairs that can transform your home décor setting into something out of the Victorian era.
Finally, you must pick the right kind of material with the right kind of texture. If your sofa is upholstered with leather, for instance, your accent chairs can be colour coordinated velvet, damask, cotton, or wool.
Styles of Accent Chair
1. Slipper chair (armless)
2. Wing-back chair (winged sides, tall backs)
4. Tub chairs
5. Bergère (wood frame surround, upholstered seat, and back)
6. Club chair (deep armchair)
7. Chaise longue
8. Rocking chairs
9. Occasional chair (usually arm-less, easy to move around)
Best Fabrics for Accent Seats
The best kinds of materials for accent chairs are natural fabrics. However, natural materials are not as durable as synthetic ones for obvious reasons. Most who prefer the natural often select them for their attractiveness and luxurious comfort.
Man-made synthetic fabrics used for upholstery are harder-wearing but whatever purpose the chair is meant for, durability is generally a top concern for most individuals.
- Polished cotton
- Blend of man-made and natural fabrics
So whether you are searching for a “Hollywood Regency inspired” piece or a 17th-century bergère accent chair to add pizzazz to your living space, it is certain that you are desirous of something that is not only aesthetically pleasing but one that lies within a budget-friendly price range.
It’s true that furniture pieces can often be expensive but because you want something stylish doesn’t mean you want to compromise on sturdiness. So to find a great style that matches your budget, you may need to check out online outlets.
Online stores have hundreds of accent chairs to choose from. No physical store can give you such a vast selection to choose from. With such large inventories found in shops on the internet, you’ll ultimately find those that will fall within your budget and still satisfy your personal taste.
We are: interior design bangladesh
Copy right: http://simpleinteriorconcepts.blogspot.com/2015/10/how-to-decorate-your-home-with-accent.html